Join Shelley Osborne, VP of Learning, for her best tips to set yourself up for success when working from home.
- Students should be in a position where they work from home (whether occasionally or for an extended period of time) for this course to be most useful.
NOTE: As the VP of Learning at Udemy, I originally made this course for my internal colleagues. However, given that many companies are implementing Work From Home (WFH) policies in the wake of COVID-19, I thought it would be useful to share with a wider audience. While you may hear references that are internal to Udemy, I hope you find some useful tips to use as you work from home!
Do you find yourself losing productivity when you work remotely? Do you have trouble maintaining a normal workday with all the distractions of your home?
If so, you’re not alone. Many employees find that they are not set up for success when they work from home. Working remotely is not simply working from a new location. You can’t just take your laptop home and expect to work in exactly the same way as you normally do. There are many differences between an office that’s built for work and a home that’s typically not set up for working productively.
I had to work from home for 3 years while employed at a small startup. It was my first time doing so, and I had to quickly learn and adapt my living space so I could successfully complete my job. Over those years, I collected many tips and tricks for how to best work remotely. These are simple things that you can implement right now that will make a big difference when you work from home!
In this course, I’ll cover:
- Ways to communicate to stay accountable (and social!) with your colleagues
- Best practices for running meetings virtually
- Suggestions for accountability and productivity when working from home
- Ideas for structuring and planning your day and workspace for optimal results
- Quick tips for managers leading teams in a remote world
If you want a QUICK & EASY primer on working remotely, please join me in this course!
Who this course is for:
- Employees new to working remotely who want to discover the best ways to maintain productivity from home.
- Employees who have worked from home on occasion but may find themselves needing to work remotely for a longer period of time.
- Company or team leaders who want to provide resources and guidance to their employees when working from home.
- If you have worked remotely for a long period of time, this course is probably NOT for you.
What you’ll learn
- Use frequent communication to stay connected and social with your colleagues.
- Employ the right tools to make sure you stay accountable and productive from home.
- Structure your workday to maximize your time.
- Create a workspace conducive to distraction-free working.